For the love of biscuits.
I blame my southern Mom, and her amazing cooking skills for my love of biscuits and all other breakfast items. The woman can cook. Brunch is her thang. And since I want to be just like her, brunch is my thang too.
Today, we are doing biscuits and they are buttery, cheesy and doughy… with chives and cheddar cheese. These are made with cold butter and with sour cream instead of buttermilk.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cold
- 2 large egg (1 for biscuit dough and one for egg wash)
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup chopped chives/green onions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese