This soup. Is my jam.
Once the chilly weather of fall and winter arrive, it’s one of my favorite things to make for lunch. It’s made with chicken broth, but when you marry that with the eggs and citrus you get a really smooth, creamy, lemon-y base.
A few people have been asking for the recipe recently, so here she is!
Ingredients n’ thangs:
- 6 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Teaspoon Dill
- 1 Cup Grated Carrot
- 1/2 Cup Orzo
- 4 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Lemon Juice
- 8 Ounces of Chicken Breast (optional)
Start by bringing chicken broth and dill to a boil in a large pot. Add orzo and let simmer until tender.
Place eggs and lemon juice in a blender together and process until smooth. While the blender is running, add 1 cup of hot chicken broth from your pan. Process until smooth.
Add grated carrot and chopped chicken breast into your broth. Simmer on medium heat until chicken and orzo are fully cooked.
Reduce heat to low. Slowly add the egg and lemon mixture stirring constantly. Eat while warm or store in the refrigerator.
Hope you like it as much as I do!
Also – A couple things…
- This is great with or without chicken.
- Make sure you grate your own carrots, I tried using store bought matchstick carrots once and they didn’t ever get quite soft enough.
- Don’t forget to mix the eggs AND lemon in blender before adding the hot broth. This is the key to the creamy broth.
- Recipe makes 4 servings and it’s just under 300 calories per serving. WIN!
Follow on Instagram @mymorningbite
Recipe comes from Cooking Light.